Little red rose

I remember not when you were born
from a bud to a flower you had grown
I remember the day i saw you first
you were the cutest and the youngest
i remember the white dress you wore
it was pleated at the chest and you were four
round as the moon your smiling face 
your eyes sparkled wide and larger than you were
two curly plaits hung from your head
on your bare white shoulders to and fro
i craved for your smile but oftn you cried
chains of pearls withered on your dress and dried
to play and fight to share my mind
i longed for a sister of my kind
you were my sister and still not mine
but i loved you more than my heart and soul
if you had been my own  you were th loser
for th words of praises and songs i sing
would be another owner,someone elses pleasure
so lets be fine and think of nothing better
all that happens has always been for the better


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The forbidden veil

"what am I"

The meaning of duty is not sacrifice