My lovely friend of 10 years.spano



A few months from now when we were a five member family it was totally a different scenario when ever I came back home after a temple visit or shopping.I used to be welcomed in a special manner, making me wonder whether I had just left house a few hours back or weeks and months before. Taking a little time to reach the gate due to old age and eyes deep red after a long morning nap figuring outwith a fixed glance and assuring its me. Then authoritatively questioning me with his wordless speech and waiting for all the answers and all my love in just one glance. Those few seconds I still consider as the most beautiful and precious moments of my life.A feeling of wantedness.How courageous I felt with him around is incomprehensible .No body dared to raise an eyebrow or even speak in a raised tone, none dared to pluck even a leaf from my garden, no cats meowed bravely from the nook or corners ,snakes crawled sluggishly with their tender selves not daring to cross into my compound .Cockroaches kept to their their cabins, lizards stuck to the walls taking care to not fall on the floor.

Being my confidential companion for 10 years ,protecting my home and family with unconditional love and sincereity.Always the attention-seeker with his intense and masculine tone, his soft and flowing dense black hair, long slim neck, his beautiful ears ,his brownish eyes surely inherited from his equally lovely parents and which often seemed calm but arose a thousand queries. So many females longed to possess him but to taint the family never did he. He was a hero to all. And heroes are never forgotten. Today months have passed since our 10 year old pet 'spano' left us but still his presence is felt. In my loneliness i can hear him hum from behind the doors .I miss him the most whenever I come back home from out. I walk into the compound with a fear of a snake curled in the corners, or a thief hiding in my bedroom. Gone with him is my courage.

When we left him at the boarding for just 10 days we had never thought of finding a dehydrated and dying spano,he was healthy and fit when we had left him there. There was a doctor and a care-taker and many friends too. But that was not that he needed, he missed his family, he missed his home, he felt abandoned and lost.Never leave your pets at the boardings specially if they are old.

Comments

Remya said…
its awesome aunty :')
Rugma said…
Spano was very lucky to have a family like you! I did not merely read the article, I felt it because I have two darling dogs too! I loved the way you wrote it aunty!

Popular posts from this blog

The forbidden veil

"what am I"

Give 30 mts of your life